(International English Language Testing System) IELTS
- Listening – 30 minutes (4 sections, 40 questions)
- Reading – 60 minutes (3 sections, 40 questions)
- Writing – 60 minutes (2 tasks of 150 + 250 words)
- Speaking – 11 to 14 minutes
- Total test time – 2 hrs 45minutes.
For people who are intending to study/work in countries where English is the language for communication. This test is conducted for measuring test takers’ ability of communicating in English throughout all four language skills – reading, listening, writing and speaking.
IELTS is jointly managed by University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations, British Council, and IDP: IELTS Australia.
This test has become mandatory test for students of various nationalities to get student visas to Australia, TOEFL is not accepted. All other study destinations require either TOEFL or IELTS.
However, IELTS is not accepted by most universities in USA, they accept TOEFL.